- Promotion of Science and Innovation - CEM (project lead; during 2008 - 2009, 2010 - 2011); the project is also a part of EPK 2012 in cooperation with the House of Science;
- The National Youth Network for Developing Research Values of Young People"SM-RIS" (22 partners, 10 of which are youth centers; EKTC is the head of the consortium network);
- The Young Ambassadors of Intercultural Dialogue "MAMD" (project partner);
- Defining the offer and setting the criteria for providers of eco-friendly didactic farms and establishing a management model for a didactic farm and a competence center in the field of the local development strategy TOTI LAS "DIKMT_in_KC", with an emphasis on the inclusion of the youth in rural areas;
- Development and operation of a cross-border, innovative platform of experimental centers in cooperation with education institutions and the economy "EXP-ERT 2020"; (cooperation with the youth organization The Science Center Expi Kočuh (Austria));
- Interactive archaeological heritage of the Austrian and Slovenian Styria "InterArch-Steiermark" (cooperation with the professional organization Joanneum Graz Universal Museum).
International project EXP-ERT 2020
"Development and operation of a cross-border, innovative platform of experimental centers in cooperation with education institutions and the economy" (acronym EXP-ERT 2020)
The project represents a new form of strengthening strategy by means of inclusion and integration of the economy into a field of education, development, innovation and science research and placing emphasis on the youth in a cross-border region. The project enables the development and connection of cross-border potential through greater and deeper integration of activities. This in result makes space for new knowledge and acceleration of innovation, development and research values among the youth in order to achieve the EU's goal as the "most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world, which is capable of sustainable development with more and better jobs and greater social cohesion," where the innovation of young people will be of crucial importance. This space is represented by experiment centers or science centers / i.e. science museums or hands-on science centers / which are coordinated by the project partners.
All the centers are meant for sensitizing young people to science, research, innovation and development activities in association with the economy and schools, as well as to promote science and develop the research values of young generations.
The EXP-ERT 2020 project will upgrade the current state of the cross-boarder region, which has been so far aimed mostly at supporting students, innovators, entrepreneurs and researchers over the age of 19, by adding the active inclusion of young people under 19 from elementary and secondary schools. This should increase the sensitization of young people to science and its understanding, technology and innovation, entrepreneurship and, consequently, joint development and performance of experiments in the form of traveling and standard exhibitions, which lay down the basis for easier introduction and integration of young people into existing and future development institutions and the economy of the cross-border region.
1. Networking and improving communication between experiment centers, participating institutions and organizations active in the fields of the youth, education, development, research, science and development of research values of young people, and economies;
2. Establishing a cross-border innovative platform of experiment centers - a youth incubator;
3. Enhanced cross-border cooperation of experiment centers through additional training, joint development of traveling and interactive experiments, an online web-based tool and website;
4. Enhanced cross-border link between young people and economic entities, emergence of synergistic effects through thematic youth workshops, promotional events, and experimental interventions in public spaces at the locations of former border crossings (inside the Schengen facilities).
Leading partner : EKTC Maribor
Več na www.exp-ert2020.com
International project InterArch-Steiermark
The operational program of The Cross-Border Cooperation between Slovenia-Austria 2007-2013, and the cultural heritage in its centre, does not only have a specific economic role in the development of cultural tourism for the region, but it also plays an important role in shaping the regional identity in the program area.
Some weak points in this part of the program area are: slowly progressing cultural heritage revival, insufficient sustainability of cross-border initiatives and the poor condition of some of the cultural heritage objects.
By applying the framework of the 2nd Priority of the Operational Program Slovenia-Austria 2007-2013, the InterArch-Steiermark project will create conditions for long-term cross-border cooperation between cultural institutions and organizations in the program area. This objective can be met through continued intensive communication and frequent exchange of data between institutions in the program area. Speaking a common language and using the same digital tools play a key role in this aspect. New data on archaeological heritage in the program area will in that manner also find faster access to people living there and build a good platform for the new revival of cultural heritage and its economic utility.
The processing and digitalization of the Joanneum Universal Museum (Universalmuseum Joanneum) archives and their incorporation in the geographic information system (GIS) forms the core of the project and serves sustainable use in spatial planning, heritage protection and archaeological research in Slovenia.
That's why the production of a bilingual digital tool is needed, which could also be used for better and faster professional processing of archaeological findings and effective management of archaeological heritage in the border area. With this tool, we would connect the newest technologies in the fields of database management, GIS (the geographic information system) and computer graphics.
The operational objectives of the project:
1. Networking and improving the communication between institutions active in the field of cultural heritage protection and management on both sides of the border; comparing, discussing and presenting public monument protection practices to the general public in the scope of meetings and congresses;
2. Digitalization of archival and archaeological finds from the Austrian and Slovenian Styria in the Joanneum Museum as well as their professional processing and publication; collecting archival documents on archaeological heritage of the border area in the archives of the antiquity collection kept in the Museum of Art and History (Kunsthistorisches Museum) and the archives of the Austrian Office for the Protection of Cultural Heritage (Bundesdenkmalamt Österreich) in Vienna;
3. Development of bilingual digital tools which will be used on both sides of the border to completely encompass the archaeological sites; through the internet portal, this tool will allow access to archaeological archives of the Joanneum Museum, both for the experts and interested public.
4. Connecting digital documentation of archaeological excavations with digitally collected museum objects; selected objects will be captured using new 3D measurement technologies.
5. Improved use of GIS (geographic information system) in the field of archaeology;
6. Field testing of digital tools on selected archaeological monuments in the selected border area, which will also produce promotional results for the general public, such as virtual reconstructions; the results will be used in the future in order to create new programs for the transfer of cultural heritage.
7. Exhibition of archaeological objects from Slovenia located in the Universal Museum Joanneum. The common historical development of Austrian and Slovenian Styria will be in that manner shown on authentic objects, spanning from prehistory to the time of the Roman Empire. The exhibition will be shown at Betnava Castle in Maribor as a part of the 2012 Cultural Capital Program. The exhibition will be accompanied by an artistic intervention in the public space and publication.
8. Austrian and Slovenian Styria will play a leading role in the current European discussion on the issues of archaeological heritage and returning such heritage to the countries of origin by holding the international conference.
Leading partner : Universalmuseum Joanneum GmbH ( http://www.museum-joanneum.at )
Partner 1 : EKTC Maribor
Partner 2 : Institut für Archäologie der Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
Partner 3 : Zavod za varstvo kulturne dediščine Slovenije
Partner 4 : Verein Kulturpark Hengist
Partner 5 : Pokrajinski muzej Murska Sobota
ERASMUS+ I'm a Sport Entrepreneur, what R U?
We are a partner participant in the international project Erasmus * I am a Sports entrepreneur-what RU? "I'm an athlete entrepreneur" is an example of new generation projects run by young people. The project is aimed at including young people with fewer opportunities, where they can create their own new opportunities and develop entrepreneurship through sports. A target group of actively involved young people has been already formed from the Maribor Structural Engineering High School and the Osnovna Šola Borcev za severno mejo Elementary School. The results of the project should impact informal youth cultures in Europe in order to equip young people with the necessary entrepreneurial mindset.